Skip to main content

Sailing Insurance

Planning a sailing holiday in the Med, sailing around the Caribbean or cutting through the canals of Northern Europe? We provide sailing cover under all our policies. Building on our experience of providing insurance for sailing over many years, we believe the cover and service is one of the best available.

Get a Quote

Sailing Overseas

For those who sail in foreign waters, our policies cover sailing off shore in all Western European waters and up to 12 miles off shore in the rest of the world.  We can on application consider other trips.

Sailing in UK waters

We appreciate many of you who sail may not go further than UK waters, but if you obtain an MPI policy for UK and Ireland, then there would be cover for certain aspects for example:-

  • Cancellation and curtailment when renting a boat
  • ‘Get you home’ cover if you fall ill or have an injury *
  • Personal belongings

* please note there is no cover for medical treatment in the  UK

Summer Seasonaire

Whether it's bar work, cooking, sailing teaching or other activities, we have the perfect summer seasonaire travel insurance for you.

Our summer seasonaire cover has no days limit within the insured period, it will cover the main elements on this page, for longer durations, plus of course working cover*.

Plus there is now cover for your liability when ski hosting, leading or teaching in a voluntary capacity and babysitting in a private capacity.

* There is no personal liability cover whilst working, as this should be covered by an employer and might be a good idea to check.

Key Features

Listed below are some of the key features of our policies:

  • Single Trip, Seasonaire, Annual Multi Trip and Long Stay options
  • A choice of three packages
  • Emergency Medical Expenses up to £5 million
  • 24-hour Emergency Medical Assistance and repatriation or ‘get you home’ in UK cases’
  • Travel provider failure
  • Off shore sailing in all waters off Western Europe
  • Up to 12 miles off shore sailing in rest of world (other trips considered on application)
  • Dingy racing cover
  • Additional options as required including Winterports cover
  • Most unplanned sports and activities
  • Personal liability including small vessels and dingy racing
  • Working cover under Seasonaire, Backpacker and Long Stay policies

Do also remember to take your EHIC or GHIC with you on all European trips; it doesn’t replace Travel Insurance, but it should be used together with Insurance and be carried on you at all times. Click here for more information on EHIC and GHIC and how to apply for it for free.

Get a Quote

Do you have an existing medical condition?

We will ask series of questions pertaining to the last 12 months. You can continue your purchase with the conditions excluded, or, if you would prefer to ask underwriters to cover your condition(s), please ask for a Medical Screening form.

The outcome will be one of:

1) Full cover for your declared condition(s)
2) Cover with an increased excess for your declared condition(s) 
3) No cover for your declared condition(s) More Information