For those who sail in foreign waters, our policies cover sailing off shore in all Western European waters and up to 12 miles off shore in the rest of the world. We can on application consider other trips.
Sailing in UK waters
We appreciate many of you who sail may not go further than UK waters, but if you obtain an MPI policy for UK and Ireland, then there would be cover for certain aspects for example:-
- Cancellation and curtailment when renting a boat
- ‘Get you home’ cover if you fall ill or have an injury *
- Personal belongings
* please note there is no cover for medical treatment in the UK
Whether it's bar work, cooking, sailing teaching or other activities, we have the perfect summer seasonaire travel insurance for you.
Our summer seasonaire cover has no days limit within the insured period, it will cover the main elements on this page, for longer durations, plus of course working cover*.
Plus there is now cover for your liability when ski hosting, leading or teaching in a voluntary capacity and babysitting in a private capacity.
* There is no personal liability cover whilst working, as this should be covered by an employer and might be a good idea to check.
Listed below are some of the key features of our policies:
- Single Trip, Seasonaire, Annual Multi Trip and Long Stay options
- A choice of three packages
- Emergency Medical Expenses up to £5 million
- 24-hour Emergency Medical Assistance and repatriation or ‘get you home’ in UK cases’
- 24-hour claims line
- Travel provider failure
- Off shore sailing in all waters off Western Europe
- Up to 12 miles off shore sailing in rest of world (other trips considered on application)
- Dingy racing cover
- Additional options as required including Winterports cover
- Most unplanned sports and activities
- Personal liability including small vessels and dingy racing
- Working cover under Seasonaire, Backpacker and Long Stay policies
Do also remember to take your EHIC with you on all European trips, it doesn’t replace Travel Insurance, but it should be used in unison with Insurance and be carried on you at all times. Click here for more information on EHIC and how to apply for it for free.
“Remember it's not the cost that matters but the cover that counts.”