We have procedures in place where lines of communication are open between MPI, Loss Adjusters and underwriters in order to quickly handle any contentious or tricky claims and where appropriate we will also refer to you.
We also have similar arrangements with the Medical Assistance Company for the immediate handling and co-ordination of serious medical cases and which may involve specialist repatriation. As a result of this approach, our exposure to complaints is minimal.
How to make a claim
If you wish to make a claim, please download a claim form by clicking on a category below, print, complete, and send along with all relevant documentation to the address on the front of the form. If another person has paid your expenses and you would like payment (from your claim) to be paid directly to them, please complete this form of assignment and send alongside your claim form.
If you are claiming for an event for which there is no claim form listed, please contact MPI Claims with details of the claim you wish to make, receipts for your out of pocket expenses and details of the policy you have with us, your personal details and any other information you feel is relevant to support your claim.
Where emergency medical assistance is necessary, this is provided by our Assistance Company within the terms and conditions of the policy, and when making contact with them you are requesting medical assistance in advance of filing a claim
If you have been admitted to hospital, advised to return home early or if your claim is likely to exceed £750.00 or equivalent in local currently, you must contact the Assistance Company immediately where practically possible on +44 (0) 1428 773000 and quote the reference shown on your policy wording.
If you are travelling to the USA, Canada or Mexico, and in need of medical assistance, you must contact the Assistance Company immediately on the number above.
Useful Hints About Making A Claim
- It is very important that if you wish to make a claim that this is done within 31 days of the incident giving rise to a claim
- try to enclose all the documents requested but do not wait for them all to become available if you are likely to exceed the 31 days cut off
- we often receive phone calls asking if a certain matter or items can be claimed. Please be aware that any advice given over the phone or in e-mails is simply an opinion based on limited information. It may not be assumed that the policy will respond until the full facts are known
- always be truthful, as incorrect or exaggerated claims may result in the whole claim being declined and in extreme cases your policy may be cancelled
- think before you spend. It is a policy requirement to minimize your costs.
You will receive acknowledgment of your claim within a few days of receipt.